The latest standard 802.3bt (4PPoE) enables a further increase in power up to 90W. This means that PoE is also suitable for energy-intensive end devices such as notebooks, TVs or computers. However, there are a few pitfalls to be considered when it comes to cabling. The choice of the patch cable can make the difference.
The Advantages of Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Reduction of connection cables for powered devices
- Reduction of costs for electrical connections
- Flexible exhibition of the Powered Devices
- Worldwide standard for a power supply with RJ45
- Reliability: the power source equipment is protected by UPS, the Powered Devices are also fused, without the need for separate circuits
- Green IT - energy saver: only as much power as necessary